Get confident buying 2nd hand!
Buying 2nd hand online can be difficult. You can't see it IRL, you don't know who you're buying it from, and that's just for starters...
For our next class we've brought on board Charlie Blair from the Bike Project in South London to talk about how to approach buying a 2nd hand bike. All proceeds from the sale of this class will go towards The Bike Project, helping refugees get on bikes.
We'll cover questions such as:
- where to buy 2nd hand
- how to spot a lemon
- buying on a budget
- safety concerns
- resale value
Can't join at 1? No problemo, you'll still get a link of the recording sent to you the next day, available to watch till the next class. (We have to make room on Zoom to download videos.)
Note that you can pay in multiples of £2, so if you'd like to contribute more than £2, just add two tickets :)
HOW THIS WORKS
1) you register and pay (the extra 1 pence is so Nelson can easily tell if a purchase is a class or merch to send out)
2) we will send you a link to join the webinar the night before
3) make sure you download Zoom to your laptop or phone
4) click the link at the time of your class and enjoy! You will not be visible on camera, so go ahead and show up with no makeup/pants/etc
ABOUT LBK ONLINE
Covid19 has robbed us of our raison d’être - but we are hungry to teach you how to fix your own bike. So online we go!
We will be using Zoom. I’ve used it in the past for group counselling sessions and the quality is very good. It’s easy to use, but if it’s your first time, pop that cherry by getting to know Zoom a bit before you log into one of our classes. Be sure to download the app for your browser or smartphone beforehand.
We will be charging on a scale, for a couple reasons:
- Learning bike maintenance online is not the same as learning IRL
- Some people have lost their jobs and might not be able to afford a full priced class
- We are also struggling, and would appreciate an income
- We’ve never done this before so we can’t go charging our usual rates for something that might go tits up
Please give what you can! £2 / £9 / £19