Cable snapping when you pull the lever...
Brake pads scraping away at your rim...
A £60 bill to fix it all...
Rim brakes are no joke! They are an 'elf & safety issue, an incredibly important and often ignored part of the bike. Don't put off taking care of them, they may save your life someday...
We will cover:
- how rim brakes work
- types of rim brake
- how to change a pad
- how to change a cable
- how barrel adjusters work
Friday 4 December 1pm
Can't join at 1? No problemo, you'll still get a link of the recording sent to you the next day, available to watch till the next class. (We have to make room on Zoom to download videos.)
HOW THIS WORKS
1) you register and pay (the extra 1 pence is so we can easily tell if a purchase is a class or merch to send out)
2) we will send you a link to join the webinar the night before
3) make sure you download Zoom to your laptop or phone
4) click the link at the time of your class and enjoy! You will not be visible on camera, so go ahead and show up with no makeup/pants/etc
ABOUT LBK ONLINE
Covid19 has robbed us of our raison d’être - but we are hungry to teach you how to fix your own bike. So online we go!
We will be using Zoom. I’ve used it in the past for group counselling sessions and the quality is very good. It’s easy to use, but if it’s your first time, pop that cherry by getting to know Zoom a bit before you log into one of our classes. Be sure to download the app for your browser or smartphone beforehand.
Extremely useful. I now have a better understanding about the type of break lever I have. More importantly how to remove break pads and install new ones! Definitely enjoyed it!
What a great class this was. I learnt a huge amount - pages of notes - and came away feeling so much less nervous about tackling brake maintenance. Covered absolutely everything I could have wanted to know, and delivered with confidence, enthusiasm and joy. Great teacher, great class, highly recommended.