This class is no longer available
(but if you're interested in it, get in touch and we may run it again!)
Bare Minimum Maintenance
What’s the least amount of maintenance that you can get away with?
The answer may surprise you.
FRIDAY 17 April 1pm
Join me, Jenni Gwiazdowski, director of LBK, as I bring you into my world of bare minimum maintenance. I am a lazy MF. I’ll give you my top 4 ways of doing the bare minimum of making sure your bike is happy for longer - it’ll run smoother, be safer, AND save you money. Not possible you say? Think again - I run all my bikes on this philosophy and they're still going strong.
I’ll also be sharing with you 2 ways to quickly fix the most common repairs your bike will need - patching punctures and replacing brake pads.
No tools needed - this is an information sharing session, not a fix-a-long (that would take for-e-ver). We expect this to take 1 - 1.5 hours (max!)
HOW THIS WORKS
1) you register and pay
2) we will send you a link to join the webinar the day before
3) make sure you download Zoom to your laptop or phone
4) click the link at the time of your class and enjoy! You will not be visible on camera, so go ahead and show up with no makeup/pants/etc
ABOUT LBK ONLINE
Covid19 has robbed us of our raison d’être - but we are hungry to teach you how to fix your own bike. So online we go!
We will be using Zoom. I’ve used it in the past for group counselling sessions and the quality is very good. It’s easy to use, but if it’s your first time, pop that cherry by getting to know Zoom a bit before you log into one of our classes. Be sure to download the app for your browser or smartphone beforehand.
We will be charging on a scale, for a couple reasons:
- Learning bike maintenance online is not the same as learning IRL
- Some people have just lost their jobs and might not be able to afford a full priced class
- We are also struggling, and would appreciate an income
- We’ve never done this before so we can’t go charging our usual rates for something that might go tits up
Please give what you can! £2 / £9 / £19
A nice informal atmosphere. Some great insights and information given
The online class was great, so many things explained and some simple steps to give me guidance on how to care for my bike and avoid bigger complications. Really helpful
Excellent session. It was a great refresh on some of the important maintenance stuff that I've put to the back of my mind over time, and a few lightbulb moments with new tips. Jenni is a really paced and patient teacher and the virtual classroom allowed us all to get up close to the mechanisms. My bike and I thank you!
well run & professional. quality tips and even motivated me to clean and wear check the chain. great
Learned loads, and I've been doing this for donkeys years... wrong!